Forum Replies Created
But MapPress pro doesn’t auto update. Unless I am wrong?
Click Tab 1 to reveal Map 1 and so on?
Working perfectly in FireFox v24September 9, 2013 at 12:51 am in reply to: Important -> Why Is v2.40.7 So Resource Intensive???? #13333
It’s basically down to a change Chris made which affects how the plugin loads the maps.
I’ve temporarily rolled back to a previous version, and Chris had advised that he will be altering the method in the next update.
CliveSeptember 1, 2013 at 1:44 pm in reply to: Important -> Why Is v2.40.7 So Resource Intensive???? #13261
Thanks for your help on this Chris.
I think we’ve now got it licked! 🙂August 31, 2013 at 8:06 am in reply to: Important -> Why Is v2.40.7 So Resource Intensive???? #13256
I’ve sent you a direct support ticket.
I’ve included links to GTMetrix performance stats, and have also put up a test site so you can play.
Logins etc are in my support ticket.
CliveAugust 31, 2013 at 4:11 am in reply to: Important -> Why Is v2.40.7 So Resource Intensive???? #13252
An update for you.
I deleted v2.40.7 from my main Dev site (the one that was previously running v2.40.7) and reuploaded v2.40.3.
I changed nothing at all (i.e. all settings remained the same) and tested the same page again.
Here are the results with v2.40.3:
Page load time: 1.80s
Total page size: 247KB
Total number of requests: 26
And exactly the same page with v2.40.7:
Page load time: 2.81s
Total page size: 574KB
Total number of requests: 58
Quite a difference!
I think you owe me a beer or two for this one!
Pop over to: http://www.modern.ie/en-us/virtualization-tools
and get a free 3 month BrowserStack subscription courtesy of Micro$oft. Just register, no need for any credit card info.
You can now view your site in over 140 types of mobile devices – these are full device and platform specific emulators, and NOT the typical “simulators” generally found on the web.
I tested your site on a Samsung S3 Android, and the POIs appear to work correctly.
Have a look for yourself, as everything seems to be A1 okay.
Switching to the HTML tab doesn’t solve the problem……
But deactivating the TinyMCE editor in WP User settings does the job perfectly 🙂
Thanks for giving me the clue!
Custom post types are working – I’m using them 😉
1. Create a map for each post in the category
2. On a new page or post, use the [mashup] shortcode to create a mashup map (as per the MapPress support documentation).
For example, to show the first 5 posts in category “mycat”: