Chris

Forum Replies Created

Viewing 15 posts - 931 through 945 (of 1,121 total)
  • Author
    Posts
  • in reply to: Style the marker infowindow #10888
    Chris
    Keymaster

      Hi, I just released 2.38.8, which includes:

      • A close button for the infobox
      • A default maximum width for the infobox
      • New settings to control what is displayed for each mashup POI (i.e. the POI title and body  originally saved, or the title/excerpt from the underlying post).

      Please see the change log and beta documentation for more information.

      I’m not sure if there’s anything I can do about the close button in standard InfoWindows.  You might want to check the Google Maps Bug Database too see if they’re aware of it.

       

      in reply to: default zoom for geocoded maps from wp app #10867
      Chris
      Keymaster

        Hi,

        Good idea.  I’ve added this feature in 2.38.8, which will be released soon.

        in reply to: blank spaces in maps #10837
        Chris
        Keymaster

          Hi, from the screenshot it looks like maybe your theme is applying some margin or padding to html img tags (the map is made up of image ’tiles’).

          Do you still have the problem if you switch to a standard theme like 2011 for a moment?

          If so, please send a URL and I’ll see if I can spot it.  You can usually find the CSS using Firebug for Firefox or IE developer tools for Internet Explorer.

          in reply to: Detecting my position #10805
          Chris
          Keymaster

            I’m sorry, but I don’t understand your question about the circuit – maybe you have an example you can show me?

            in reply to: Detecting my position #10790
            Chris
            Keymaster

              Hi, the address comes from the browser and it’s alwasy approximate.

              On some devices, like phones, it should be more accurate.  For me it gets my street right, but not the house address.

              in reply to: Detecting my position #10789
              Chris
              Keymaster

                Hi, the address comes from the browser and it’s alwasy approximate.

                On some devices, like phones, it should be more accurate.  For me it gets my street right, but not the house address.

                in reply to: "My Location" button? #10781
                Chris
                Keymaster

                  Hi,

                  Google doesn’t offer that control in the API, but if you’re using a current version (2.38.7 or higher) of MapPress I added a ‘my location’ link in the map editor and directions form.

                  The link isn’t available on the front-end, though except in the directions form.

                  in reply to: Mashup not working #10778
                  Chris
                  Keymaster

                    For anyone else looking for this:

                    In the first case the query was actually selecting the right posts – but the KML maps in each post were small and widely separated so it was difficult to see them the mashup map.

                    In the second, with two categories using “category_name=a,b” there is a bug in MapPress that is causing them to not be selected properly.

                    The bug will be fixed in 2.38.8.  If you have the same issue, as a workaround you can use “category__in=1,2”  instead.  Note that this requires category ids instead of category names, and does not include the children of the category.

                     

                    in reply to: Mashup not working #10774
                    Chris
                    Keymaster

                      Hi, that is strange – the only time I’ve seen that kind of result is when another plugin has adjusted the query results.  Is that possible in your case?

                      If not, please send a login using the contact form and I’ll trace it for you.

                      in reply to: Mashup not working #10772
                      Chris
                      Keymaster

                        Approximately how many posts are in category land-listings?

                        What happens if you specify only the 2nd category?

                        in reply to: Mashup not working #10770
                        Chris
                        Keymaster

                          Hi,

                          That query will show only 6 posts.  Change it to posts_per_page=-1 to show them all.

                          I think you can use “category_name=”a,b” to grab two categories a and b.

                          There should be an example in the MapPress docs, and there are also a few in the WordPress codex:

                          http://codex.wordpress.org/Class_Reference/WP_Query#Category_Parameters

                           

                          in reply to: Mashup not working #10758
                          Chris
                          Keymaster

                            Hi,

                            [mashup] by itself should show only current posts, which would be type ‘post’ and limited to 10.

                            You can use [mashup query="all"] to show all posts, but that can be slow or cause the query to run out of memory.  I would suggest tagging or categorizing the posts with maps.

                            If that doesn’t help, a few tests might narrow it down:

                            1) Enter [mappress] on one of your posts.  Do you see the map?

                            2) Try [mashup query="p=1234"] where 1234 is one of your post IDs.  Do you see a map?

                            in reply to: Mashup not working #10752
                            Chris
                            Keymaster

                              Hi,

                              For the mashup, what post type are you hoping to display?  One common ‘gotcha’ is that by default, WordPress only checks post type ‘post’ and the first page’s worth of entries.

                              It is also possible you’re running out of memory if you have a large blog.  If so, you can limit the posts to be selected, by category, post type, etc.

                              Check out the documentation for some examples if you need a different post type or want to check > 1 page of posts for map locations.

                              As for Google Earth – no, it’s a separate API.

                              in reply to: Style the marker infowindow #10734
                              Chris
                              Keymaster

                                Hi,

                                I just wanted to let you know I saw your message.  Thank you very much for your feedback on the beta, it’s very helpful.

                                I’ll try to get some fixes in ASAP for the issues you mentioned, then respond again in more detail.

                                 

                                in reply to: KML with Shortcode #10731
                                Chris
                                Keymaster

                                  Hi,

                                  I’m glad you got it working, and for the link to the workaround – hopefully it’ll help someone else with a similar issue.

                                   

                                Viewing 15 posts - 931 through 945 (of 1,121 total)