Style the marker infowindow

Home Forums MapPress Support Style the marker infowindow

Tagged: ,

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author
    stepunk
    Participant

Is it possible to style the marker infowindow in the map? How?

Thanks a lot!
    Stefano

Chris
    Keymaster

Hi,

It’s pretty easy to change the interior of the infoWindow.  Look at file ‘mappress.css’ in the plugin directory.  The classes under ‘.mapp-iw’ are all styles for the infoWindow body, title, etc.

Changing the infowindow shape is harder.  That HTML and CSS all comes directly from Google.  You could try to style it but I think it will be difficult.  If you want to try you can use Firebug or a similar tool to see what classes they’re using.

stepunk
    Participant

Thanks. Yeah, I want to customize the infowindow shape (IMHO the google default one is horrible….)

Anyway, do you know if is it possible to integrate those jquery plugins into MapPress? They do exactly what I need…

http://code.google.com/p/google-maps-utility-library-v3/wiki/Libraries

Chris
    Keymaster

Hi, no that’s not possible.  I have style-able infowindows coming soon in MapPress, but it won’t be available for another month.

stepunk
    Participant

Good, thanks! I can wait for this feature! 😉

Chris
    Keymaster

For anyone else looking, this feature is now available in 2.38.7.  I call the new infoWindows ‘infoBoxes’.  They can be styled using CSS and also extend beyond the map boundaries – handy for widgets and other smaller maps.

If you don’t see 2.38.7 in your account, please contact me using the contact form.

Rainmaster
    Participant

Hi Chris, great idea for marker window. I upgraded to 2.38.7 and now have the marker editor. Two things I cannot figure out: The marker window always shows the original page excerpt, not the marker window info. If I set to use the infobox extends to screen width (page excerpt) and no way to close it. All maps and mashups have same result. As my site is active I keep the infowindow setting at google. http://bakerbirchbay.net/bakerbirchbay/

Rainmaster
    Participant

More Info: I discovered the plugin CSS file has style for the infowindow and that works great but can’t figure a close button for the infowindow. The individual maps do show the marker window info. The mashups show the excerpt in the marker window but would like to show what is entered in the map. I tried using the marker_body option in the mashup query but did not work. (show_query=”post_type=page&marker_body=marker”)

Chris
    Keymaster

Hi,

I just wanted to let you know I saw your message.  Thank you very much for your feedback on the beta, it’s very helpful.

I’ll try to get some fixes in ASAP for the issues you mentioned, then respond again in more detail.

Rainmaster
    Participant

Hi Chris,

Thanks for the help!

From here it looks like the new infowindow close button is all that is needed. the new window looks really great on a mobile device.

I am working on getting all of my sites ‘responsive’. Mappress (without new infowindow) works great nested within a <div at 100%. There is only 1 problem. On small media the old infowindow can’t be closed with the ‘x’ close button. On my droid (480 px) it seems like the close link area is too small to activate. Also there is, what seems to be a thin sliver of another image attached to the right of the ‘x’ button.

I hope this info helps you or someone in this forum.

Chris
    Keymaster

Hi, I just released 2.38.8, which includes:

• A close button for the infobox
    • A default maximum width for the infobox
    • New settings to control what is displayed for each mashup POI (i.e. the POI title and body  originally saved, or the title/excerpt from the underlying post).

Please see the change log and beta documentation for more information.

I’m not sure if there’s anything I can do about the close button in standard InfoWindows.  You might want to check the Google Maps Bug Database too see if they’re aware of it.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.