How can I make Leaflet maps look better?
For better-looking maps, create a Mapbox account and enter your access token in the MapPress settings.
How can I get a Google API key?
Please see this page to get your key: How to Get A Google Maps API Key
Map doesn’t display
Most display problems are due to theme or plugin conflicts. Here’s how to check:
- Disable all plugins except MapPress. If the maps are now working, re-activate one by one to find the conflicting plugin. Conflicts are often caused by “minifier” or “optimizer” plugins, or with other map plugins.
- Install and activate a standard WordPress theme, like “twenty twenty”. Check the maps again. If they’re working, there’s a theme problem. Most themes that include maps also have a setting to disable loading the Google Maps API, to prevent this kind of conflict.
Other Common Problems:
- “Minifier” or “Optimizer” plugins
- Theme missing wp_footer() call
The map container may show an error message instead of the map:
- Google Maps API key missing
Enter a Google API key in the MapPress settings screen.
- Google Maps API loaded multiple times
This is caused by another plugin or the theme loading the Google Maps API twice. Try checking the setting ‘Prevent loading Google Maps multiple times’ or “Output maps in iframes”, in the in the MapPress settings. If this doesn’t resolve the issue, contact the author of the other plugin/theme to determine how to prevent it from loading the Google Maps API.
- Google Maps API not loaded or Leaflet library not loaded
This is a theme or plugin problem. See the section “Map Doesn’t Display” to figure out which one.
- Underscore library not loaded or Obsolete jQuery version
Address not found
MapPress includes several geocoders, which are responsible for finding addresses and translating them into map coordinates. The free geocoders (Nominatim and Algolia) aren’t very accurate. If you have an address that can’t be found, try either switching to Google or using the Mapbox geocoder with Leaflet maps.
Will I lose my maps when I upgrade to MapPress Pro?
No! All of your maps will continue to work. You’ll gain all the new Pro features but your existing maps are fully compatible.
Please see here: Translating MapPress
Maps not displaying inside tabs or other hidden elements
Please see here: MapPress in Tabs and Hidden Elements
I’ll be happy to help. Please contact me and let me know you’ve already taken the steps listed above. Please send everything I might need to reproduce the problem, including any error messages and a URL or screenshots illustrating the problem.