Zoom and center map to poi on location click

Home Forums MapPress Support Zoom and center map to poi on location click

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    paruyr123
    Participant

Hi, I would like to center and zoom map to the poi after the click to the location. I have many points on map and zoomed out the map to show them all, so clicking to a location under the map just only opens the additional info, users have to zoom themselves and as there are many points on map, double click can cause the opening of another poi. So would be good to zoom and center map on click. Is it possible?

Chris
    Keymaster

Hi,

No, that’s not possible. I think most sites I’ve seen do it by having individual maps for each page. For example:

1. Create individual posts for each location. Create a map in each post with a single marker for just that location.

2. Combine the posts using a mashup.

Then when the user clicks a marker on the mashup, the plugin can show a link to the post. When they open the post, you can display the individual map for that post at a higher zoom level.

paruyr123
    Participant

Thank you for your reply, I have another question…
    I added a poi to map and added description to it in html, when I saved the “a” tags’s closing tag was missing, but in edit mode there wasn’t “a” tag, so I manually edited the record in wp_mappress_maps table(by phpmyadmin), after saving the map was reset(title is “untitled” and pois disappeared) in wordpress admin and I can’t return the map, is there a way to return the map?

Chris
    Keymaster

Hi, it’s really tricky to edit the tables manually. Are you using the current version (2.40.3)? If not, try upgrading to that version. Otherwise, I’m sorry but the POI data is probably not readable – you’ll need to retrieve a database backup or rebuild the map.

paruyr123
    Participant

Hi, I am using 2.40.3, I just edited description, nothing in settings of obj, is there a way to rebuild the map, as there are about 500 pois in it and much work is done…

Chris
    Keymaster

Hi,

The data is a “serialized object” in PHP. You’ll see something like “s:10” – that’s string, length 10. So if you edit the description you would also need to change the length. You might be able to recover it if that’s the problem.

If that doesn’t help – and you don’t have any backup – then email me the object and try to tell me exactly what changed. I’ll see if I can recover it for you.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.