June 11, 2021 at 5:58 am #19000
After the last upgrade, one of our embedded maps can no longer be moved around on some browsers. (Ok on Chrome, not on Firefox or Safari, both with cleared caches.)
These work great!
- Regions: https://www.mcht.org/visit-a-preserve/regions/southern-maine/
- Preserves: https://www.mcht.org/preserve/long-point/
However, our main map does not move via mouse drag like the others:
This is the shortcode: [mashup query="post_type=preserve" width="100%" zoom="7" maptypeid="preserves1"]
Do you have any suggestions?
-JayJune 11, 2021 at 6:00 am #19001
Please give this a try:
June 16, 2021 at 2:03 am #19004
- Disable all plugins except MapPress. Check your maps again. If they’re working, re-activate one by one until you find the error.
- If that didn’t help, try a standard theme. Install and activate one of the WordPress themes, like “twenty twenty”. Check your maps again. If they’re working, it’s a theme problem.
Resolved. The problem was much simpler. We had a quotation mark in an incorrect location in the mashup shortcode.
[mashup query="post_type=preserve" width="100%" zoom="7" maptypeid="preserves1"]
Should have been:
[mashup query=post_type="preserve" width="100%" zoom="7" maptypeid="preserves1”]
Working. Case closed 🙂June 16, 2021 at 2:17 am #19005
I’m glad it’s working, but it’s strange – it looks to me like the first shortcode is actually the correct one.June 16, 2021 at 3:18 am #19006
I had put the quotation mark before the descriptor rather than the attribute.
This didn’t work: “post_type=preserve”
This did: post_type=”preserve”
-JayJune 16, 2021 at 3:22 am #19007
I did see that, but I think this is correct. The attribute in the shortcode is ‘query’ so its value should be in double quotes:
I still can’t pan the map at the original URL. Did you make the change there yet?
https://www.mcht.org/visit-a-preserve/September 15, 2021 at 6:37 am #19196
This ticket is old, but I wanted to provide an update for others who may find this ticket.
I did not have time to explore what other script conflicted, but the problem was solved immediately, and we continue to be very happy with this plugin!
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.