Styled Maps JSON | pro 2.43.3 WP 4.2.2

Home Forums MapPress Support Styled Maps JSON | pro 2.43.3 WP 4.2.2

Tagged: 

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Rainmaster
    Participant

Hi Chris,

I am using the JSON you recommend in Mappress documentation to remove business markers Google puts in and seems to work fine, except for a few on one of my maps. I use Firefox and also checked IE. I was wondering what might cause this. I am not using any other mapping plugins but could this be caused by a plugin? I don’t know much about JSON but is there a way to remove only certain individual Google business markers?

Thanks!
    Kelly

Chris
    Keymaster

Hi,

The best thing is probably to play around with the Google Styled Maps Wizard. There’s also a link to it in the MapPress settings:
    http://gmaps-samples-v3.googlecode.com/svn/trunk/styledmaps/wizard/index.html

Try clicking on ‘points of interest’ and setting visibility to ‘off’. I think that’s what the sample JSON does. Then you can zoom in on the location and see if that works. If you get it working the way you like you can click ‘show json’ and copy the JSON into MapPress.

I doubt that another plugin is doing anything… but if the styled maps wizard doesn’t work for you please give an example with a URL.

Rainmaster
    Participant

Hi Chris,

I have used the JSON on the Google map styler and was using the JSON code you recommend that removes business markers. The few markers that still show even show on their styler. The remaining markers mostly have the icon with a dark square within a circle. There are only a few which makes me think that those markers may not be categorized and so not applicable to JSON styling filters. Too bad because the markers info window links to the business website.

Anyhow I am now using JSON to remove all of the styling which does remove those questionable POI markers. Here it is for anyone interested…

[ { “featureType”: “poi”, “stylers”: [ { “visibility”: “off” } ] } ]

…or you can just remove “.business” from the JSON code in the Mappress documentation.

Thank you!
    Kelly

Chris
    Keymaster

Hi Kelly,

Thanks for the update. Do you have an example of the name or location of one of these markers that can’t be removed? I’m just curious to see what they look like.

Rainmaster
    Participant

Hi Chris,

I set the code within the Mappress admin window on my sites so nothing shows, but Google has perfect example if anyone goes to the Google map styler at…

http://gmaps-samples-v3.googlecode.com/svn/trunk/styledmaps/wizard/index.html

…then go to a shopping mall or paste this in the location field…

Bellis Fair Pkwy Bellingham, WA

…then on the left, under ‘feature type’ click ‘point of interest’, then ‘business’ and when they are highlighted go down to ‘visibility’ and click ‘off’.

That sets the JSON code to turn off the business POIs but if you zoom to the mall area you can see ‘laura’s alterations’ and other markers if you move around the map.

Hope that helps,
    Thank you!

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.