Show only current categories

Home Forums MapPress Support Show only current categories

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    globesi
    Participant

Hey,

first of all I want to say “thank you for the wonderful plugin” and “Sorry, for my english, is not my narrative language”!

So, to my question. I have a travel blog and my posts are in categories (like italy, germany, france, …).
    I use mappress as a widget in my sidebar.
    If I do “current post” I see on my post “Napoli” (category: Italy) only a map with Napoli.
    If I do “all post” I see on my post “Napoli” (category: Italy) a map with Napoli and all other posts (from all categories).

What i want:
    I want that mappress in sidebar shows all posts FROM selectec category. So if I read my post “Napoli” (category: italy) the map also shall show all other posts in “italy” (for example, Rome, Milan, …).
    I think it goes about “query”, but I do not understand how I can realise that … please help!

kind regards, globesi!

Chris
    Keymaster

Hi,

There some examples in the documentation, do they work for you?

For example, 5 posts from category ‘mycat’:

posts_per_page=5&category_name=mycat

Or ALL posts:

posts_per_page=-1&category_name=mycat

globesi
    Participant

Dear Chris,

thank you for your answer. But I think you do not understand me.

I know how I can show some posts from a category, BUT I do not know how I can make, that it goes automatic (I describe it already, but okay):

I want that:
    If you read post “Napoli”, the map in sidebar shows all posts in category “italy”;
    If you read post “Rome”, the map in sidebar shows all posts in category “italy”;
    If you read post “Milan”, the map in sidebar shows all posts in category “italy”;
    BUT if you read post “Paris”, the map in sidebar shows all posts in category “france”.

SO I need that it knows automatic which category has the post and shows the right map.

I do not know how I can it explain in other ways…

Chris
    Keymaster

Hi,

I haven’t heard back from you so I assume the code is working? For anyone else who needs this, here’s the code to pick up the category from the current post:

<?php
    $cats = get_the_category();
    if (isset($cats[0]) && $cats[0]->slug != &#039;uncategorized&#039;) {
            $cat = $cats[0]->cat_ID;
            $query = "posts_per_page=-1&cat=$cat";
            $shortcode = &#039;[mashup query="&#039; . $query . &#039;" poilist="true"]&#039;;
            echo do_shortcode($shortcode);
    }
    ?>
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.