Setting custom default icon by editing the default png file?

Home Forums MapPress Support Setting custom default icon by editing the default png file?

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Hiilo
    Participant

Hi.
    So now that there are already over 100 points inserted(each on their own map) my client decided that he would want a different icon for them.

I went through this forum and all I found was the suggestion to edit mapppress_api.php. Tried that but no luck.

So now I’m thinking would it be possible just to edit the original png file for the red marker? It would be a lot easier for me.
    I just need to know where I can find the .png file?
    I tried edited the red-dot.png file in standard_icons folder but again no luck.
    I’m using mappress pro 2.38

Chris
    Keymaster

Hi,

You can’t just edit the png file to change the default icon. However, I do have a beta version of the plugin that supports changing it.

If you’d like to give it a try, please send me an email via the contact form and I’ll send you a copy.

Andris
    Participant

Hi Chris,

I’d also would like to be able to change the default icon as per the admin section ‘Appearance’.

I have Mappress Pro and tried adding my own .png icon file to an ‘icons’ directory in the root directory of the plugin. But it doesn’t show – maybe I misunderstood the documentation somehow?

Anyway, some help would be greatly appreciated for my client http://www.pramwalks.com.au

Thanks.

Chris
    Keymaster

Hi,

There was a bug in one of the beta versions that could cause that behavior, or it could be the icon is in the wrong directory.

Could you please do this:

1) Install the latest version of the plugin (2.38.10)

2) Copy the icon file to the directory shown on the MapPress ‘settings’ screen

If you still have this issue after doing the above, please send a login using the contact form and I’ll be happy to take a look.

Andris
    Participant

Sorry Chris. Where do I get that version from and my account page says I don’ t have a subscription although I’m using Mappress Pro. Has it lapsed? Or was there a renewal I missed?

Chris
    Keymaster

Hi Andris,

Your support period has expired, but you can renew it from your account page:

http://mappresspro.com/account

If you have any questions please email me directly using the contact form.

Andris
    Participant

Thanks!

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.