Preserving query before mashup and restoring after

Home Forums MapPress Support Preserving query before mashup and restoring after

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    BradSiegfried
    Participant

I have a display page with the body below:

[mashup show="query" show_query="posts_per_page=-1&zoom=10&width=800&height=600&post_type=units&marker_body=marker"]
    [wpv-view name=”UnitListView”]

The mashup displays properly, and the outer view of UnitListView displays properly, but results in “No posts found” on the inner view of UnitListView.

Removing the mashup shortcut produces the expected result on both outer and inner views of UnitListsView.

Would it be better for the mashup to set and restore the original query to prevent this problem?  In other words, save the original query, do the mashup, then restore the original query.

Meanwhile, can you point me in the right direction to implement a workaround?  Something in the body of the post before the mashup, or something in the appropriate php file?

Thanks.

Brad

Chris
    Keymaster

Hi, what version of MapPress are you using?

The mashup should, in general, save and restore the original query.  Let me know your version and I’ll see if I can replicate the problem.

BradSiegfried
    Participant

Hi Chris,

I’m running the 2.38.6 version that you emailed to me on 7/25/12 for
    testing.

See my email to you of 8/3/12 for details.

I’ve been testing to try to see where the conflict between MapPress and Types & Views is happening.  When I do the mashup before the view, the view produces a “No posts found” error.  When I do the view before the mashup, both work fine.  However, I wanted the mashup at the top of the page, not the bottom.

I don’t have the technical chops to see where the conflict is happening.  I hope you will be able to work with the Types & Views folks to shed some light on this.  I have been corresponding with Caridad at Types & Views, and encouraged her to contact you.  Perhaps you can exchange full versions of your respective plugins in order to improve compatibility and support for your common customers.

Thanks for your help.

Brad

BradSiegfried
    Participant

Hi Chris,

Thank you for digging into this issue and resolving it.  Types & Views is working just great with MapPress mashups now.

Brad

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.