POI formatting

Home Forums MapPress Support POI formatting

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    jeffreygrant
    Participant

I am using the latest version of PRO. I have created 8 maps and styled each POI info box with contact details styled as Address.  However, when I click on a POI, the info box shows formatted in Paragraph formatting.  How do I override this behavior? I must be missing a shortcode parameter or setting.

I am also using the Mashup feature to combine my maps.  I can see how to turn on the poilist manually. Can we move the poilist or call it separately? I was thinking about having the poilist to the left or right of the map.

Thanks.

jeffreygrant
    Participant

My example can be seen below:

http://crystalclean.autofast.ie/wordpress/washvalet/

I did find the settings selections. POI body is the nearest, but it does not retain my address formatting. The Address selection does not include my phone and contact details.

Mashup POI body

POI body
    Address
    Post excerpt

Chris
    Keymaster

Hi,

I’m not sure I understood your question about formatting, but if the problem is the line breaks: I think the tinyMCE editor generally adds paragraph tags (<p>) for each new line.  Try holding down the ‘shift’ key when you print enter to get a line break instead (a <br>).  You can check the ‘html’ tab to see what’s actually being saved, and it should display in the infowindow exactly as it was saved.

You can change the list position by editing the template ‘map_poi_list.php’ – there’s a section in the documentation about how to copy the template to your theme directory.  Take a look at the default template and let me know if you get stuck.

jeffreygrant
    Participant

Chris, your assistance was spot on.  I have corrected all of my issues.  Thanks a bunch.

Can we use a shortcode within the POI address field?  I am attempting to use encapsulate the address data in one location and re-use it throughout my web site.

jeffreygrant
    Participant

After more fully researching the Mappress documentation and support forum, should I be using custom fields the Geocoding functionality?  I currently have all my 8 addresses in separate content blocks that I can reference using shortcodes.

I just don’t want to maintain address information in multiple locations.  However, I do want the map to recognize exactly where I have placed the Pin marker.

Thanks.

Chris
    Keymaster

Hi, you can’t put shortcodes in the POIs but you can create a map and then display it elsewhere in the site, e.g. [mappress mapid=”1234″].

The geocoding functionality is most useful if you already have your data stored somewhere, for example if you have a custom form with an existing address field.  I wouldn’t bother for 8 locations.

I’m not sure how the site is meant to look but it sounds like you would want 8 separate posts, with 1 location per post.  Then you can use the shortcode to reference those 8 maps separately or a mashup to display them together.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.