Over Query Limit

Home Forums MapPress Support Over Query Limit

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    mapbeat
    Participant

Haven’t loaded a map in 5 days and got the Over Query Limit after just 70 records. Any suggestions in what to do?

Doesn’t appear that I am over the 24-hour limit which is 2,500 queries as I understand it. Perhaps I’m over a speed limit.

Any suggestions?

Keith

Chris
    Keymaster

Hi, if you’re on a shared server, it’s likely that someone else is also calling Google and has pushed your server over the query limit.

You can check if you’re over the speed limit or query limit by configured an ‘error’ field in the MapPress settings and checking the field value after you save a post that needs to be geocoded – it should write the geocoding error message there.  If it’s a speed limit problem, let me know.  But usually it’s the query limit.

As a workaround: there are some free geocoding services you can use to bulk geocode your data before you import.  Or Google offers a ‘business’ solution with higher query limits (and you get your own API key so you don’t get penalized by someone else on a shared server).  If you go with the latter, let me know – it’s easy to get MapPress working with the API key.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.