1. Some of my locations are not accurate with the address so I have to use Latitude/Longitude. I have custom fields for this set up and identified in the Geocoding along with Address fields but it will not generate a map for a POI that only has Latitude/Longitude filled in. The documentation says “The POI location is defined by the ‘address’ field or the ‘latitude’ and ‘longitude’ fields.” Why isn’t this working?
2. If I create a new map for that location by GPS instead of automatically, then everything works fine for the mashup. I’m starting to think if I need to go to each location like this and create a map by myself, then generating the mashup via custom fields isn’t gaining me anything. The only thing I don’t like in this case when maps are created via Latitude/LOngitude is the Directions To shows the GPS coordinates instead of an address. I thought I saw a way to tell Google in this case to go to the closest map address but I may be thinking of another map plugin I tried. Is there?
3. Stupid question. When I initially create a new map and add a POI address or Latitude/Longitude, how do I edit that value again once it’s on the map? The only thing I can seem to edit is the infowindow data.
1. Yes, I have to add the address to make it work.
3. So it wasn’t a stupid question. 🙂 That would be really useful especially if I have modified the Infowindow with links and such, and not requiring the user to cut and paste all that information to recreate the POI again.