Mashup

Home Forums MapPress Support Mashup

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    oba86
    Participant

Hi,

i would like to create a big single map that show every places that i set up in all my posts (items cos i have a reviews template). I think this is a Mashup Map. But why if i insert code [mashup] in a page i see only a world map without any places?
    Thanks

Chris
    Keymaster

Hi,

[mashup] means display all the locations on the query page.

Try [mashup query=”all”] to display all maps from all pages.

oba86
    Participant

Great!!

i will read the documentation in order to modify map dimension and hide the list of locations under the map.

Thanks!!

I have just another question: whythe directions do not work well in my site?

example: http://www.younewyork.it/attrazioni/flatiron-building/

Please, try it entering an address in New York as “Times Square, New York”

Many Thanks

Chris
    Keymaster

Hi,

I think the directions are having trouble with the address in Italian.  If you enter the POI as “175 5th Street, New York” it should work.

Even if I go to “maps.google.it” and enter “175 Quinta Strada, New York, 10010, Stati Uniti d’America” and click “get directions” it doesn’t work…

You could also try changing the MapPress language settings: choose “it” for the language and “maps.google.it” for the server.

oba86
    Participant

Ok Thanks, i’ll try ity.

But i don’t know why there is an italian translation… i enter the english address (5th ave and not quinta strada)

Chris
    Keymaster

Hi,

I tried some more tests. I’m not sure if this is a Google bug or something I can fix in the plugin. The behavior is really strange:

If I geocode “flatiron building”, maps.google.it returns:
    “175 Quinta Strada, New York, 10010, Stati Uniti d’America”

But maps.google.it won’t accept that as a valid address. If I remove the last part, it works: “175 Quinta Strada, New York, 10010, Stati Uniti”

If I try the same thing in French it returns:
    “175 Cinquième Avenue, New York, État de New York 10010, États-Unis”

And that address works fine in maps.google.fr.

I’ll try some more tests and open a bug report with Google. I’ll also try some workarounds in the plugin.

All I can suggest for now is to switch your language to English (“en” or leave it blank) when entering locations.

oba86
    Participant

OK

for the moment I change the language to English…if you have some news, please let me know!

Thank you very much

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.