Mashup questions

Home Forums MapPress Support Mashup questions

Tagged: 

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    not2old2learn
    Participant

Couple of mashup styling questions: (1) how to add short code to display map reset, when I check the box in settings does not apply to mashups; (2) how to center a mashup on a specific poi or page ID.

For page load times, is it better to create a map or use the mashup shortcode? In other words if I have a 100 maps to mashup into one is it better to just create a single map with a 100 poi’s or mashup the individual maps?

Can additional poi’s be added to a mashup via shortcode? You’ve seen my website via the url I emailed you, if someone is viewing a specific city mashup and starts panning the map near neighboring cities, wanted to have one poi on each of the surrounding cities so they could click and get to our webpage for that city. Or, do I have to create a new map on each of the city pages with the one poi and call them in the shortcode mashup. On all the city pages I will only be using mashups and never the maps created with the one poi mentioned above to use with a mashup so I unchecked automatic display. Hope this makes sense.

not2old2learn
    Participant

Okay found the documentation, some reason missed the shortcode parameters section. Was able to get reset to display and work on the mashup map.

Found under Basic Parameters “center”, so are you saying that “for mashups and maps with no saved center, the map is automatically centered and zoom to show all of its POI’s”, does that mean adding center=”lat/lng” in short code won’t override the auto center? Tried it by inserting the lat/lng values but it didn’t override.

not2old2learn
    Participant

Okay got center to work with a lat/long but didn’t realize you had to have a zoom specified in the short code so that’s resolved now.

hiniguez
    Participant

Hello,

Have you got any answer to your question :

“For page load times, is it better to create a map or use the mashup shortcode? In other words if I have a 100 maps to mashup into one is it better to just create a single map with a 100 poi’s or mashup the individual maps?” 

I have the same interrogation for my website.

Thank you,

Hervé

Chris
    Keymaster

Using 1 map will save you 1 ajax call – about half a second.  But it is less flexible, for example if you want to add custom fields, featured images, etc.  So I would always recommend using 100 separate posts.

not2old2learn
    Participant

Thanks!

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.