Mashup not picking up new posts after update to latest Pro version

Home Forums MapPress Support Mashup not picking up new posts after update to latest Pro version

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    wzarlon
    Participant

Hi,

Love the plugin!

After I installed the latest Pro version (I’m not sure which version I used before), I’v noticed that none of my new posts are being registered and plotted on the maps I use.
    Below in one example of a shortcode I use for my sidebar. It pick’s up the posts from category 3 and displays a map with address from a custom field “adresse”.
    All old posts still show up fine, but I can’t get my new submissions to register 🙁
    I would think I have tried everything in the settings page. no luck

<?php echo do_shortcode(‘[mashup poilist=”false” maptypeid=”satellite” marker_title=”post” width=”300″ height=”200″ show=”query” show_query=”category__in=3″]’); ?>

I have noticed the the new entries are missing in the database “mydb_mappress_maps”.

Any suggestions?

Chris
    Keymaster

Hi,

The first thing to check is that those individual posts have a map. Do you see a map in those posts? If not, try publishing them to generate the map.

If the posts have a map and they are in category 3, they should show in the mashup.

A URL to illustrate an individual post and the mashup would help, or you can send a login using the contact form.

wzarlon
    Participant

Yep I did test that before I wrote.
    I have an individual map for each, and that works – but the mashup will not show them.

An example can be seen here:
    http://www.putandtake.info/vestjylland/baekmarksbro-put-take/

big map = the individual map
    sidebar = mashup from the category ( http://www.putandtake.info/vestjylland/ )

You can on the category see there are more posts that shown on the map. 3 latest post didn’t register on the mashup

Chris
    Keymaster

The query on the mashup is showing category 8, not category 3. I assume that’s OK but I mention it because the shortcode you listed above shows category 3.

You can test the query itself (without MapPress) by putting this in a template file like sidebar.php or single.php:

If the results look incorrect try deactivating *all* other plugins and switching to a standard theme for a moment – they often interfere with queries.

If that doesn’t help please send a login and I’ll take a look at the site. It’s best if you can replicate the problem on a test site or a copy of the site, rather than using the ‘live’ site.

wzarlon
    Participant

You are correct the example shown is cat = 8 – I use a variable in my code and just inserted the number 3 for this example.

Thanks, tried the test query and it shows what we would expect = all posts.

I have also just tried to deactivate all plugins + use standard theme. Same result = New posts are not registered in the mashup.

I will make a user for you and hope there is a PM option on this site 🙂

wzarlon
    Participant

ok, sent you an email 🙂

wzarlon
    Participant

Thanks a lot for the support Chris – worked like a charm.

And fault was in my end – I had mappress disabled for both posts and pages, but used my own query to insert a map manually on each individual post.

Simple enabeling mappress for posts in the config, will make sure it saves correctly and can be used in the mashup.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.