Maps wont show

Home Forums MapPress Support Maps wont show

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    mijaeus
    Participant

Hello,

I just intalled this plugin and it seems to be working, except the map wont load. The code and style load, but the map wont show up. http://michtchenko.com/work/valmar/lomas-de-san-andres-altamira/

You can see that its trying to load. Could it be a css conflict?

Chris
    Keymaster

Hi, the MapPress javascripts aren’t on the page (you should see mappress.min.js).  Something is probably removing them.

Are you using some kind of minifying plugin?  Try deactivating all plugins and switching to 2012, then reactivate to find the problem.  Also, please check the FAQ:

http://mappresspro.com/mappress-faq

mijaeus
    Participant

Nope, no plugins. Its a theme I am building on a blank theme file, so there are no weird js scripts or plugins.

I did edit header.php so its probably not being called. Just 1 js file is supposed to be called by this plugin, right?

Edit: I installed Contact Form 7 at the same time as MapPress, and the JS for that plugin is being added.

Chris
    Keymaster

Please try the 2012 theme with all other plugins deactivated and let me know if that works.

If it does, then check that your theme is calling wp_footer() – that’s where the javascript is loaded.

mijaeus
    Participant

I tried the default theme and the map loaded. My footer.php does contain <?php wp_footer(); ?>, its weird because half the stuff is being called for the map :\

mijaeus
    Participant

Just checked, and some js from other plugins is not being loaded in the footer either. Changing themes fixes the issue. I tried the validator to check on the html and its ok.

I guess I am missing something else from the template system (I’ve checked the code in header/footer/index.php and everything is there :\)

mijaeus
    Participant

Update: it ended up being a problem with the theme. I used another theme as a base, and now it works.

Chris
    Keymaster

Hi, I’m glad you got it figured out and thanks for the update.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.