MapPress + WP Jump Start

Home Forums MapPress Support MapPress + WP Jump Start

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    Wendell
    Participant

I have been using MapPress Pro for years now and it’s been chugging along just fine without any issues, until I upgraded my site to WP Jump Start 2.0 (still on WP 4.2 at the time).

Here’s the problem: When editing or creating a post, in the MapPress meta box, I enter the address into the search box, then click the magnifying glass icon and it reloads the entire edit page without saving the map. All other post edit functions work as expected and switching to Twenty Thirteen theme fixes the issue. This leads me to believe that the problem lies with WPJS, not MapPress.

So just to make sure I had resolved anything on my end before posting here, I upgraded WP to 4.3 and MapPress from 2.43.3 to 2.43.4. Neither of these upgrades fixed the problem.

Then I went searching for error logs and looked at the console on the post edit page. Couldn’t find a darn thing. I checked the root folder, wp-content, wp-admin, plugins, MapPress and JumpStart folders, but there are no error logs. I checked cPanel error logs, but there are no errors there either.

I’m not sure whether or not it’s a MapPress or Jump Start issue, but since all was well until upgrading to WPJS 2.0, that is my first suspect. I am, however, also requesting help from MapPress since the WPJS developer is basically saying it’s not his problem.

Thanks!

Wendell
    Participant

Going above and beyond the call of duty, Chris was kind enough to converse with me privately via email to get admin access to my site. He found the problem, which was a problem with the theme (what we all expected to begin with). The theme was loading the Google Maps API, which was causing a problem with MapPress’ ability to load the map editing libraries. So now I am looking at how to disable the Google Maps API loading in the theme.

This level of support proves to me that Chris is a true professional and wants to help even if it’s not really his problem.

For the record, I think MapPress is worth far more than Chris charges, but don’t tell him I said that. 😉

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.