MapPress in Widget

Home Forums MapPress Support MapPress in Widget

Tagged: 

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    maroontech
    Participant

Hi,
    Searched and looked in the forum first – no luck.

Your plugin is really nice & probably overkill for what I’m looking for. Good practice for a future site. 🙂 Site has maps in two places, home page sidebar & contact page.
    Creating a map in a sidebar that had one POI that I need Google directions link (so visitors have easy print).

It looks like the only way to add the POI to a widget is to show a custom query of a map made on another page. So I created a custom query that displays the map from the contact page (page_id=23 in this case).
    Problem is I lost the directions link.

Is there a way to add a sidebar map with a POI?
    If I display the map from another page, is there a way to display the instructions?

Thanks for your help & nice plugin.
    Terry

Chris
    Keymaster

Hi,

The widget is for displaying maps (not POIs) so the map will need to be saved on another page. It disables the directions link by default because the sidebar is usually not wide enough to display the directions form.

To re-enable the form, you can use the field where you can specify additional shortcode parameters. This should work to override its default and show directions in the sidebar:

directions="inline"

It may work better to open instead open a new page with Google for directions (it’ll provide easy printing and a bigger space to work with):

directions="google"

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.