MapPress database tables are missing

Home Forums MapPress Support MapPress database tables are missing

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    ratreides
    Participant

Hi there,

I have a WP site running WP 3.6 and the free MapPress 2.40.3.

Since updating to Ver 3.6 when I log into WP Admin I get this error message…

MapPress database tables are missing. Please deactivate the plugin and activate it again to fix this.

When I attempt deactivate the plugin, after awhile I get the message that the plugin is deactivated but it has NOT been deactivated?

Would you please advise.

Regards,

Ray

ratreides
    Participant

Hi there,

I have had to deactivate and delete the plugin. The plugin or a conflict with plugin was causing problems within the Admin area. i.e. I could not access any posts, pages, comments etc (the admin panel was showing I had not posts, pages or comments), using the admin was very slow.

However, now that I have deleted the plugin I am still getting a MapPress error message, see below…

The plugin mappress-google-maps-for-wordpress/mappress.php has been deactivated due to an error: Plugin file does not exist.

The plugin has been deleted. Has an entry been left in the database?

Please advise.

Regards,

Ray

ratreides
    Participant

Hi there,

I have finally sorted out this issue.

Not sure in the end what actually caused it all?

I ended up re-installing MapPress then manually (via the database) deactivated all plugins. I then went in and deleted MapPress again and then activated each plugin individually.

All seems well now but I have had to leave off using MapPress. Not sure if the error message to do with ‘missing data tables’ was a WP Ver 3.6 update thing which I did on Sunday or a conflict with MapPress or some other plugin but was getting way too costly in time.

I use MapPress on other sites including the Pro version but haven’t updated them to WP Ver 3.6 yet.

If you need to ask any questions please let me know.

Regards,

Ray

Chris
    Keymaster

Hi Ray,

I think this is something specific to your site or how you installed. From the messages it sounds like maybe MapPress was installed in multiple directories.

I haven’t had anyone else report those problems and the plugin shouldn’t delete any tables on a WP upgrade.

If you have trouble upgrading your other blogs to 3.6 please let me know.

kermistilburg
    Participant

I have currently this exact same problem.

I used mappress before. then uninstalled/deleted the plugin.
    Bought is again few weeks ago and now this message keeps poppong up.

One thing I noticed that a new map started with ID8, where I expected ID1 (hence beiing a fresh install)

Chris
    Keymaster

Hi,

You’re getting ID8 because when you uninstall the database tables are not deleted, so that’s normal.

For the error: I did see this on one site where the database prefix was mixed case, i.e. “WordPress1234_wp”.

If you’d like to send a login I’ll trace it for you.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.