Map Editor cannot save code

Home Forums MapPress Support Map Editor cannot save code

Tagged: ,

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Rainmaster
    Participant

Hi Chris,

I am trying to add code to open a POI, such as…

ICU, Barkley Village

to the POI window so the link would open another POI.

After saving the map the “onclick” JS stuff is erased leaving only “#”.
    Is there a way to keep the JS intact?

Thank you!

Rainmaster
    Participant

Sorry about that link, it looked like this…

href=”#” onclick=”mapp0.getPoi(8).open(); return false;”

Chris
    Keymaster

Hi,

It looks like WordPress made a change in version 3.9 that causes the tinyMCE editor to strip out all javascript ‘on’ events. They seem to have debated fixing it and decided not to:

https://core.trac.wordpress.org/ticket/27858

If this is a one-time thing, I can only suggest a (not very good) workaround: since the editor only strips out javascript when you switch to ‘visual’ mode, you can switch the editor to ‘html’ mode, type in the javascript, and save the map. The javascript should stay in place, or at least that worked for me. But… the caveat is that every time you edit the POI after that, the editor will start up in ‘visual’ mode and try to delete the javascript again.

Rainmaster
    Participant

Hi Chris,

Thank you so much for your response.

I think that did work for me, before I installed the “advanced tinymce” plugin. I know at one time using the html version worked as you said. I don’t remember now for sure. I just deleted that plugin and still does not work in html mode. I am wondering if there was something left behind.

I also found this link https://www.leighton.com/blog/stop-tinymce-in-wordpress-3-x-messing-up-your-html-code and tried adding it to my functions file but that didn’t work either.

Anyhow that is where I am at this point and will post here again if I figure it out.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.