License Key is not active – after renewing license

Home Forums MapPress Support License Key is not active – after renewing license

This topic contains 4 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  Chris 1 month, 1 week ago.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author

Avantart
    Participant

Hi!

I have a developer license which I renewed today.
    I then followed the instructions to update manually – plugin is installed, all data is there but :

the license key is not accepted, marked as “Invalid”

I counterchecked with the license key in my account and it is that key – so what to do?

I cleaned browser cache etc. but to no avail

I also can’t see any way to have automatic updates, I am using Wordfence Central (selfhosted)

Please help me out to have my installations working ;))

Chris
    Keymaster

Hi,

Are you sure you’re placing the MapPress license in the settings field marked ‘MapPress license key’? I ask because it’s sometimes easy to place it in the MapBox license or Google license fields by accident.

I tested your license key and it worked for me. Perhaps the server was down when the key was checked? Give it another try (delete the license key, save the MapPress settings, and then re-enter it and save again).

If it’s still not working, you can send a login and I’ll have a look.

I don’t know about Wordfence, but normally once the license key has been set, you can use automatic update or go to your plugins screen and update the plugin there directly – no need to manually install.

Avantart
    Participant

Hi, Chris,

I went through all sites now and the key is active.

I must say I waited around half an hour until I complained here, because I know that it can take time — but it took quite a time ;=)

Now it’s ok and I can use it for the next year, thanks!

Connie

edkim
    Participant

Hi Chris,

I am having the same problem. It has been a couple of hours with no activation. I looked at another instal and it also says that its invalid though everything seems to work. I’ve triple checked the key. what info would you need to troubleshoot?

Chris
    Keymaster

Hi,

License updates can take up to 24 hours to show in the settings. This won’t affect the plugin’s functionality.

I’ll add a way to update immediately for a future version of the plugin.

To manually force a check, save the settings with the license blank. Then re-enter it and save again.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.