How to Center the Mashup?

Home Forums MapPress Support How to Center the Mashup?

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    skyflowers
    Participant

Hi Chris,

I’ve read the support docs but am still having trouble centering my mashup map using the shortcode. As I have businesses all around the world listed, I wanted to center my Google Map on the country of Chad… which sits mid-way between the USA and Australia.

Everything else is working great. Amazing plugin. “It just works”.

Brendan – Melbourne, Australia.

Chris
    Keymaster

Hi,

Ok, what sort of trouble are you having?  Can you paste in the exact shortcode you’re using?  Assuming a center of -32,122, you should be able to write:

[mappress center="-32,122"]

or

[mappress center_lat="-32" center_lng="122"]

skyflowers
    Participant

Hi Chris,

I tried both versions and end up with a blank map so I’m doing something wrong.

My shortcode is here…

[mashup show="query" width="100%" show_query="posts_per_page=25&category_name=members" directions="none" marker_body="marker"]

Another issue I am having is when you click on a marker. It’s showing a lot of text from inside the post for some reason, even though it’s set to marker_body “marker”. Admittedly, I am using your latest 3.83(?) beta so there may be a bug there.

Cheers,

Brendan

Chris
    Keymaster

Hi, those were just examples of how to enter the center.  You’ll need to use them in your mashup shortcode, e.g. [mashup center="-32,122".... ]

If you look at the release notes for 2.38.2 it mentions that marker_body isn’t supported any more.  You’ll need to use marker_link=”false” instead, e.g. [mashup center="-32,122" marker_link="false"]

skyflowers
    Participant

Hi Chris,

I used this…

[mashup show="query" width="100%" show_query="posts_per_page=25&category_name=members" directions="none" center="-32,122" marker_link="false"]

and get a white screen. The map doesn’t load when I enter the ‘center’ command.

However, the marker link part works great!

Brendan

skyflowers
    Participant

( I mean it works when I take the center command out )

Chris
    Keymaster

Hi,

Ah, OK, I’ve got it now!  It was a bug when using ‘center’.  I found it and I’ll fix it in 2.38.4.

I think as a workaround you can use this syntax where you specify the lat/lng separately (also, in the beta you can just write ‘query’ instead of show and show_query).  Here’s the shortcode:

[mashup width="100%" query="posts_per_page=25&category_name=members" directions="none" center_lat="-32" center_lng="122" marker_link="false"]

Please let me know if that doesn’t work for you, and thanks for reporting the problem.

skyflowers
    Participant

Hi Chris,

The new shortcode works perfectly… it’s exactly center. The only thing is the zoom level. I’m seeing Australia and the world map 3 times! Lol.

I’ve left the page ‘as is’ so you can see the exact shortcode output for your debugging. http://www.thekinesiologymagazine.com/practitioners-instructors-colleges/

Brendan

Chris
    Keymaster

Hi, when you set a center, the plugin also expects you to set the zoom – you can use the ‘zoom’ parameter to do it.  I went to that page and it looked OK, so maybe you already did that?  If not, something like this might work:

[mashup width="100%" query="posts_per_page=25&category_name=members" directions="none" center_lat="-32" center_lng="122" marker_link="false" zoom="5"]

skyflowers
    Participant

Hi Chris,

I aced it with this…

[mashup width="100%" query="posts_per_page=25&category_name=members" directions="none" center_lat="10" center_lng="145" marker_link="false" zoom="2"]

Perfect.

Cheers,

Brendan

P.s. I have subscribed to your RSS feeds and will report some feature requests as I further expand my directory.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.