Hide Mashup if No POI / Maps Associated with Category

Home Forums MapPress Support Hide Mashup if No POI / Maps Associated with Category

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    EricBonnici
    Participant

Hello,

I have several categories. Some categories have maps associated with each post, while other cats do not have maps associated with posts.

I plan to use a mashup short code something like this

[mashup show=”query” show_query=”posts_per_page=-1&post_type=post”]

I plan to put this shortcode at the top of my “category template”

What happens if the category doesn’t have any maps associated with the posts? I assume that mappress pro will just show a map without any points of interests on it. Is this correct?
    And is there a way to tell mappress not to show a map if there isn’t any POIs on it?

Thanks
    Eric

EricBonnici
    Participant

correction my short code should be something like this.. not sure if this will work

[mashup show=”query” show_query=”posts_per_page=-1&get_the_category”]

EricBonnici
    Participant

OK I just realized I can’t figure out how to write the shortcode that would create a map mashup of all the Maps in a specific category. The category name / id will be different on different pages so i need something like get_the_category in the short code. (I am putting the shortcode on a category template page.

Any ideas for this and my above questions?

Thanks

Chris
    Keymaster

Hi Eric, I think I’ve answered these questions in my reply to your email but if not please let me know.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.