Geocode problems with using custom fields city & state

Home Forums MapPress Support Geocode problems with using custom fields city & state

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    esscott
    Participant

I have a site built with several custom post types (built with WP Types – http://wp-types.com) and I have the  geocoding fields in Mappress set to:

Address Line 1 = wpcf-address

Address Line 2 = wpcf-address_line_2

Address Line 3 = wpcf-city

Address Line 4 = wpcf-state

When all the fields are populated everything works great! However, if I only have “wpcf-city” and “wpcf-state” the map returns don’t match the input.

For example, City=Newburgh, State=Indiana returns “15 Old Newburgh Tpk Union Hill, Susquehanna County, Pennsylvania, 18823”

I really need the City and State to be separate custom fields for other functions of the site, is there something I can do to fix this?

Chris
    Keymaster

Hi,

That sounds strange.  Try this: view that post and check the values in the custom fields.  Then enter “newburgh” in one and “in” in the other and publish the post.

Does the map show the same location?  I just tried it – but I got the center of Newburgh, IN, as expected.

Is it possible some other field value is getting set and interfering with the address?

Please send a login and I’ll take a look at your site.  Or, see if you can replicate the problem for me on a demo site:

http://mappresspro.com/demo

esscott
    Participant

Thanks for the reply. Where should I send you a link to the admin?

Chris
    Keymaster

Hi,  you can use the contact form.

Could you also please try entering those fields manually and publishing the post?

Chris
    Keymaster

Hi,

For anyone else looking: this is not a MapPress issue.  The form plugin was storing the wrong values in the custom fields.

@esscot: I think this is now resolved, but let me know if not.

esscott
    Participant

Absolutely correct… Mappress was doing exactly what I was telling it to do – I had not replaced the numeric default values in my custom fields (they were numerical and didn’t include the actual state name).

Placed the actual state names in the fields, and everything works beautifully!

Thanks Chris for helping on this – sorry for taking up your time for such a bone headed mistake on my part!

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.