Few little quirks that I am hoping someone can advise on…

Home Forums MapPress Support Few little quirks that I am hoping someone can advise on…

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    mojoloco
    Participant

This is by far the best Google Map plugin I have come across, but have come across a few things I was hoping someone could advise on.

1. I have a full mashup on this page: http://www.msgreatriverroad.com/maps/
    And for some reason, “Directions” does not show up on any of the balloons.  You have to click on the title and go to that particular page to get directions.  Is there not a way to get “Directions” in the balloon on the mashup map?

2. When I create a map, I would love for the balloon to show the Post title and have the body of the content below it.  Instead..when I insert the address to add it to the map…it is putting the Street address as the clickable title with the city, state, zip on the next line.

3. Is there anyway to have it to where if you add a post thumbnail…that that will show up in the balloon popup?

Chris
    Keymaster

Hi,

I think I can answer your questions:

1. Are you using the latest beta?  If so, on the settings screen you can indicate which links you want in the mashup balloon (directions from, directions to, and zoom).

2. If you use ‘marker_link=”true”‘ in mashups (it should be the default) the POI balloon should display the post title, post thumbnail and post excerpt instead of whatever is saved in the POI itself.

3. See #2, it should show the thumbnail as well (in mashups)

mojoloco
    Participant

Hey Chris..thanks for the quick response.  I am actually using the latest stable version.  I can try installing the beta instead of that will fix the issues I am having.  I tried what you said with adding the marker_link and it didn’t change anything.  I will try implementing the BETA though and let ya know.  Thanks again!

mojoloco
    Participant

Chris, loving the beta version!  A LOT of great additions from the latest stable version.  Only thing that I need is for the “Directions” link to show up in the balloon popup.  I have ‘directions to’ checked, but it is only showing up on the individual map…not on the mashup map.

Chris
    Keymaster

Hi,

I wasn’t able to reproduce that problem on my test system.  Do you think you could share a URL where I can see it mis-behaving?  Or better yet, if you can email a login I’ll take a look in the blog.

mojoloco
    Participant

Here’s a link:

http://www.msgreatriverroad.com/maps/

What’s your email address and I’ll shoot over some login credentials.  Thanks again!

Chris
    Keymaster

Hi, you can use the contact for or email me: chris at mappresspro.com.

The problem seems to be that somehow the ‘directions’ setting is saved incorrectly.  Could you try going to the MapPress settings and selecting ‘inline’, then saving the settings?

If that doesn’t help, please send a login and I’ll take a look.

Chris
    Keymaster

Hi,

I checked the blog and your mashup shortcode had

directions="true"

The valid values are ‘inline’, ‘google’ or ‘none’, so I switched it to ‘inline’.  It seems to be working now.  If you want to change the directions links on a per-map basis you can use the following with your choice of links:

poi_lins="zoom,directions_from,directions_to"

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.