Edit Maps created in Metabox

Home Forums MapPress Support Edit Maps created in Metabox

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    redlinger
    Participant

How do I edit Maps added using the Metabox as the Metabox is not shown anymore? Output of the Map is actually coded in template.

Chris
    Keymaster

Hi,

It’s true, the metabox is gone. But a new ‘MapPress’ button exists over the post editor, which opens a popup editor. There’s also a new ‘map library’ under the MapPress settings, where maps can be edited. You can see some details and a screenshot here:

https://mappresspro.com/whats-new/

redlinger
    Participant

Thanks for your answer Chris,

the new ‘MapPress’ button only shows up when using the classic editor. We already switched to block editor last year. Until the last update we still used to add maps using the metabox as this was the only possible way to add maps. Now we’re quite stuck as it’s no longer possible to assign maps to a post on the post edit screen.

Do you have any suggestions how to handle map asignment now? For us it’s not possible to switch to inserting maps using blocks as this would mean having to manually edito 2000+ posts..

Chris
    Keymaster

Hi,

I’m not sure I understand, but any map created with the map block is assigned to the post. If you don’t need the block, you can delete the block. But the map will still exist and it will still be linked to the post.

That should work exactly like creating a map with the old metabox, but not inserting the shortcode.

redlinger
    Participant

I wonder if there is a chance to get back the metabox to create, assign and edit maps when editing/creating posts. That matches basically the workflow of our editors and that’s how our template works (which was also the usual and conventional way to work with your plugin).

If we would do it in the workaround that you described (creating a map block and delete that block), it would not be possible to see the assigned map in the post edit screen (which is necessary in editorial workflow).

Chris
    Keymaster

Hi,

I’ll look into a solution for this – perhaps a list of attached maps to the Gutenberg sidebar for the post would work, since it would show the attached maps without having to insert a block?

Until then, you can downgrade to an earlier version (with the metabox) by downloading it from your account.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.