Does MapPressPro integrate with any of the forms plugins?

Home Forums MapPress Support Does MapPressPro integrate with any of the forms plugins?

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Chris 1 month ago.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author

edkim
    Participant

Hi. I am going to try to use a form to help build some mappresspro maps. I was wondering there was anyone who has used forms with Mappress pro before or if there was any documentation out there about using the two together?

Its not specific but I wanted to have a form with multiple check boxes next to names of points of interest. As a user clicked on the check boxes it would show the poi on a map.

Any thoughts would be appreciated. I have decided on a forms app so I am wide open on what I use.

Thanks!

Chris
    Keymaster

Hi,

I know some customers use Formidable and ACF.  Maybe someone who has experience with them will reply, but I can at least give you a little background info:

• MapPress doesn’t have any specific integration to forms plugins.  However, it can generate maps from post custom fields (on the back-end), and forms plugins can create custom fields, for example an address field.
    • There is built-in, configurable filtering functionality for the maps, as well as displaying a POI list.  If those meet your needs, they’ll be a lot easier than integrating a form plugin.
    • If you want to have the map center on a specific POI from an element external to the map, you can do it with a little JavaScript.  The maps and POIs are numbered from zero, so this would center on the first POI on the first map:
      <div onclick='mapp0.pois(0).center()'>

I hope that helps!

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.