"Directions To/From" Not Displaying

Home Forums MapPress Support "Directions To/From" Not Displaying

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    portsmouthpl
    Participant

I just installed MapPress Pro and quickly went through the settings and selected the POI to display ‘Zoom’ and ‘Directions To’. I am pulling the address in through Formidable Pro entries and the only option I see on the POI is zoom.

Is there a know issue that would cause the Directions To to not display or am I just overlooking something?

Thanks

Chris
    Keymaster

There are two settings: the first is which links you want in the POI. It sounds like you’ve already set that one.

The second setting is the ‘directions type’ where you can select google, inline or none. Make sure you didn’t select ‘none’ for that setting because it will prevent the POI link from displaying.

If that doesn’t help, please provide a URL to illustrate the problem.

portsmouthpl
    Participant

I tried setting the directions type to ‘inline’ and ‘Google’ and it still isn’t showing up.

You can view a sample here: http://www.yourppl.org/uncategorized/government-entries-test/?entry=12214

Chris
    Keymaster

I looked at the page, but the directions settings for that map is showing as “none”.

Is it possible the settings weren’t saved, or the directions were set in the shortcode itself?

You should be able to see the directions behavior in the demo map on the MapPress settings page. For the shortcode, try this to force the directions ON:

[mappress directions="inline"]

If that doesn’t help, please send a login and I’ll try to find the issue.

portsmouthpl
    Participant

The setting seems to be saved. I wouldn’t know what to check other than the seeing the radio buttons moving upon saving..

I followed this guide to setup my display: http://formidablepro.com/how-to-create-maps-from-form-entries/

The shortcode I am using to display is: [form_to_mappress address1=”[1109], [1110], [1111] [1112]”]

This is the custom function used to build the shortcode:

add_shortcode('form_to_mappress', 'form_to_mappress');
    function form_to_mappress($atts) {
         extract(shortcode_atts(array(
    	      'width' => 600, 'title' => '', 'body' => '',
                  'address1' => '', 'address2' => '', 'directions' => 'none'
         ), $atts));

$mymap = new Mappress_Map(array("width" => $width));
         $mypoi_1 = new Mappress_Poi(array("title" => $title, "body" => $body, "address" => $address1));
         $mypoi_1->geocode();
         $mymap->pois = array($mypoi_1);
         if($address2 != ''){
           $mypoi_2 = new Mappress_Poi(array("address" => $address2));
           $mypoi_2->geocode();
           $mymap->pois = $mypoi_2;
         }
         return $mymap->display(array('directions' => $directions));
    }
    portsmouthpl
    Participant

Got it.

As soon as I posted it, I noticed the ‘directions’ => ‘none’ 🙁

Thanks for your help

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.