Custom themed DataTables?

Home Forums MapPress Support Custom themed DataTables?

Tagged: 

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    weshaw
    Participant

I’d love to be able to use this theme:

http://www.datatables.net/release-datatables/examples/basic_init/themes.html

I think it might be built into DataTables, but am not sure how to get it to work with mappress. Is this an easy tweak, or a nightmare?

Thanks. That search function would be super useful.

Chris
    Keymaster

Hi,

I’m sorry, but there’s really no way to pass options to the datatable object, the existing options are hard-coded in the plugin.

It may be a moot point because I plan to remove the datatables functionality in an up-coming release (I’ll provide paging and sorting within the plugin itself).

If you want to pursue the theme, one solution might be to output the poi list as a plain table. Then, add the datatable call separately in the template – i.e. include the datatables library and use:

$(document).ready(function(){
        $('mapp0_poi_list').dataTable( { your options } );
    });

txwinelover
    Participant

Thanks for the update on this. I finally finished my mashup just to get it up and was about ready to dig into how to use the datatables. You just saved me a ton of time! Hopefully your paging and sorting also provides the search feature too which is most vital.

weshaw
    Participant

Thanks, Chris. I’m sure you’d rather I didn’t ask this question but you know I’m going to— have even the roughest of ideas as to when that new version will be ready? Are we talking a month or year?

Thanks.

Chris
    Keymaster

I don’t mind if you ask, but I’ve learned not to answer – I never even come close to my own estimates… 🙂

As soon as it’s ready I’ll let you know. Until then, if you prefer to keep using the datatables (or if you prefer their look & feel) you can use the javascript I listed above.

weshaw
    Participant

Honesty appreciated. I won’t hold my breath, but I’ll look forward to it.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.