can't create new poi's

Home Forums MapPress Support can't create new poi's

Tagged: 

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    buddy777
    Participant

Hi Chris and all,

I recently started work on this project again, but have had mapress pro installed since the begining. I have added poi’s before and never had any issues. I updated to the most recent version before i started again. Now i can save the titel, but when i enter the location and hit search the entire page update, but the location never gets found, nor saved. The first location i saved however worked just fine, and it still does. The only problem here is that i can’t edit the info box, it shows up as just one line and the close “x”.  I run on pagelines pro and the only plugin i have installed recently is Event manager, which also have a google maps, the first poi i created with this setup however is the one that still works, ecxept for the info box.

Chris
    Keymaster

Hi,

Google Maps generally won’t work if the API is loaded twice, that might be the problem.

Please try deactivating ALL of your other plugins (for a minute) and switching to the standard 2012 theme.

If that fixes the issue, then reactivate one by one to find the conflict.

If the conflict is with event manager, see if you can disable the maps functionality in that plugin.

buddy777
    Participant

Hi Chris,

I have tried a little bit of everything, but to no avail. I’ve deactivated all my plugins and i still behaves very strange. I tried to create a new poi in a regular post, i could save it, but i behaved weird. With shortcode it displayed inside a blue box and in full width, and the inline directions diplayed verically. i removed it. in the sidebar widget it displayed fine, but a small blue box still remain at the top of the content area. Further on, the widget started showing in places where it should not. I activated event manager, seo and some theme sections again. I tried creating a new poi in the event manager ‘places’ custom post type, but it will not save. Any ideas 🙂 My idea was that i would use the em maps for some of the built in functions like category lists etc. and mp for maps in regular pages and sidebar widgets.I get the feeling that, although i far prefer the functionality of mappress, the easiest fix for me will be to delete the mp plugin and use the maps from the em plugin.  What do you think?

Chris
    Keymaster

Hi,

I’m guessing you don’t have any problems with your other plugins deactivated AND a standard theme like 2012.  Let me know if that’s incorrect, but the display problems you describe sound more like CSS issues with the theme.

Not being able to save could be a conflict with EM – Google won’t let you load the API twice (I’m not sure why).

You may need to deactivate the maps in EM.  Does it have a setting for that?  If not, you could try deregistering its script (where it loads the Google API) in your functions.php.

It’s hard for me to just guess what’s wrong, though, without seeing it.  If you like send a login and I’ll look.

You can also check if the API is being loaded twice yourself – check the ‘console’ in Firebug or IE developer tools.  Google will write a message if its loaded twice.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.