Cannot delete mappress plugin

Home Forums MapPress Support Cannot delete mappress plugin

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    barryn2000
    Participant

Hi Chris…

I read the update instructions and deactivated the plugin and then clicked delete and uploaded the new stable version and it said the upload failed because the old one was still there.

I tried to delete it again, and again and again and it simply refuses to delete.

Any suggestions?

Chris
    Keymaster

Hi,

Did you get some kind of error message?  It sounds like you noticed this already, but you do need to deactivate the plugin before deleting it.

If it’s not working for some reason you can use your FTP client to just delete its directory from your plugins directory (/wp-content/plugins/).

If that doesn’t help, you can send a login if you like and I’ll try to install it for you.

barryn2000
    Participant

no error message at all…

I’ll delete the folder.

barryn2000
    Participant

Just wondering about this…have you heard of any managewp conflicts? I moved about 15 sites to managewp.

Chris
    Keymaster

No, I haven’t heard of any conflict.

barryn2000
    Participant

Update

Seems the upgrade deleted my custom icons. I didn’t notice it until today. It wasn’t too painful, I just had to reload them. Would it be possible to have the install check if files exist in the wp-content/uploads/mappress/icons folder before overwriting?

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.