Beta (2.38.7) Marker List Formatting

Home Forums MapPress Support Beta (2.38.7) Marker List Formatting

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    TonyCookUSA
    Participant

I know that I can add

echo $poi->get_body();

To the map_poi_list.php template.  However, I only want to add what’s in the marker to the body, not an excerpt of the text.  Is it possible to add what’s in the marker?  Or, maybe a better question is:  Where can I find what’s available at $poi->get_????()?

Chris
    Keymaster

Hi,

I’ve just released version 2.38.8.  On the settings screen you can control what’s displayed in mashups (the POI title/body or the post title/body).  You can also use shortcode paramters to do the same thing.

I hope that helps, but let me know if you still need info about how to modify the template.

TonyCookUSA
    Participant

What are the shortcode parameters?  I think I’d prefer to do it that way…

TonyCookUSA
    Participant

Playing with the settings, I can get the address, but I don’t want that.  I can get an excerpt, but I don’t want that.  What I want is what I’ve entered in the POI body.  I can get that with the marker, but not for the list.  That’s what I’d like to show:

Marker Title
    Marker Body goes below title.

Chris
    Keymaster

Hi,

The parameters are in the beta documentation:

http://mappresspro.com/mappress-beta

The POI list doesn’t show the POI body normally, only the title and links.

You can modify the template and use $poi->get_body() to show it above the links.  You will also need to set the POIs to show the POI body on the settings screen.  Then the function will return the POI body as it was originally saved.

TonyCookUSA
    Participant

I’ve modified the map_poi_list.php template and uploaded it and it doesn’t appear to make a bit of difference.  I’ve even just added some dummy text to make sure it was working correctly and it’s not showing.

Ideas?

Chris
    Keymaster

Where did you upload it to?  It should go in your theme directory, or in your child theme directory if you’re using a child theme.

If you just want to see if it’s working you can overwrite the version in the /templates directory of the plugin – just make a backup or the original first.

TonyCookUSA
    Participant

That was it… I added it to my child theme and it works!

Thanks!

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.