Ajax error

Home Forums MapPress Support Ajax error

Tagged: 

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    tclark
    Participant

Hi Chris,
      All has been working well, until I updated lots of posts now I am getting an error with ajax,`AJAX ERROR
      Status=error
      Error=Internal Server Error
      ResponseText=`

This is what I am using for the mash up [mashup center="51.526417,-0.078275" query="placecategory&post_type=place" width="90%" height="400" adaptive="true" zoom="10"]

I have not changed this since testing it.
      This is my test page Here

Any Ideas

Tim

tclark
      Participant

Hi Chris,

Server memory increase solved the Ajax error.

1300 Items on a map is slow, is there any advice on performance or cache..

Tim

Chris
        Keymaster

Hi,

I do have it on my development list to reduce the memory usage of the plugin, but for now you will need to limit the number of locations displayed.

Try using posts_per_page to restrict them, for example posts_per_page=500.

Hi Chris,

I am using MapPress on shared hosting at the moment and have run into the same problem with >50 posts being displayed. If I were to move the site to its own server, what memory would I need to specify or is there something I could get the current host to do with php.ini?

Vincent

Chris
          Keymaster

Hi,

You can definitely increase memory.

The wp-config settings are here:
            http://codex.wordpress.org/Editing_wp-config.php#Increasing_memory_allocated_to_PHP

The php.ini setting is usually “memory_limit”, for example:
            memory_limit = 64M

vinskiy
            Participant

I’ve tried demo MapPress and have just downloaded and set up MapPress Version:2.40.6 PRO on my blog WordPress 3.6 RU_ru
              Trying to create a new map but it’s always leads to error:

I read the mannuals. Where am I wrong?

Chris
              Keymaster

Hi,

Usually, AJAX Errors are caused by other plugins or the theme, not by MapPress.

Try deactivating your other plugins and switching to the standard 2012 or 2013 theme. There are some other tips in the FAQ:
                http://mappresspro.com/mappress-faq

If that doesn’t help you can send me a login and I’ll trace it for you.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
              • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.