add map widget to admin custom post types

Home Forums MapPress Support add map widget to admin custom post types

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    not2old2learn
    Participant

I am adding custom post types to my site. How can I make the MapPress Pro widget available in the admin screen when using a custom post type as I want to add a map just as I can now when using the normal post feature in wp?

Chris
    Keymaster

Hi, just select the check box for the custom post type on the MapPress settings screen (near the top).

not2old2learn
    Participant

Wow, missed that one. Thanks Chris!

Rainmaster
    Participant

Hi Chris,

Mappress is such a great plugin, thank you so much!

I am using Toolbox custom post types.
    I created a type ‘business’ and check the checkbox, as above.
    Mappress admin shows and operates perfectly.

CRED is Toolbox’s front end page maker that allows to create forms for entering and updating new custom types.
    I have created a front end page to create and update businesses but there is no option to add Mappress to the (custom post type) page (as in WP admin area).

*Is there possibly a code to add Mappress (editor) to a page, or show on the page if there is one attached; if it is not in WP admin area?

Chris
    Keymaster

Hi,

The map editor is designed to run only in the admin. You could do this as a workaround:

1. On the frontend let the users just enter their address
    2. Create or update a post on the backend for the business. In that post, populate a custom field ‘address’.
    3. Configure the MapPress settings to generate a map from field ‘address’

This way a map will be generated in the business post when it is created or updated on the backend – not as nice as seeing it immediately, but it may work for you.

Rainmaster
    Participant

Hi Chris,

Thank you for the great idea!
    I set MP to create the map and that works great for me. :0)

It uses the default marker but it can be changed at the post admin level at the map save.
    If the post (custom) is updated via the update button the map icon goes back to default, no biggie.

I went through your instructions very carefully and I am learning a lot from you!
    I did use your code for updating the themes function to display map icon by ‘term’ but doesn’t do anything (s0 far).

I went to WP site and found info of same code so I know it’s right, I guess it must be in my theme somewhere.
    I also could not tweak the POI template at the theme (child) level so I just did that in the Mappress plugin folder which worked great.

I am using WP 3.9.1 (WPMU) with Catalyst theme and Dynamik child theme and Toolset ‘Types’ for custom posts, including ‘Views’ ‘Access’ and CRED the front end form editor. All working together with no serious issues.

Anyhow this is my story and hope it helps someone who may be trying to do the same.

I have utilized most WP google map plugins and Mappress is the best.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.