I tried some more tests. I’m not sure if this is a Google bug or something I can fix in the plugin. The behavior is really strange:
If I geocode “flatiron building”, maps.google.it returns:
“175 Quinta Strada, New York, 10010, Stati Uniti d’America”
But maps.google.it won’t accept that as a valid address. If I remove the last part, it works: “175 Quinta Strada, New York, 10010, Stati Uniti”
If I try the same thing in French it returns:
“175 Cinquième Avenue, New York, État de New York 10010, États-Unis”
And that address works fine in maps.google.fr.
I’ll try some more tests and open a bug report with Google. I’ll also try some workarounds in the plugin.
All I can suggest for now is to switch your language to English (“en” or leave it blank) when entering locations.