Problem with posts not showing up – Listing Post Type

Home Forums TurboCSV Support Problem with posts not showing up – Listing Post Type

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    cdllife
    Participant

I am having an issue with posts not showing up. I am using a theme called GeoCraft that uses a Listing Custom Post type (like a business listing).

Everything imports fine but when I look at recently added, all listings page, and others it does show the posts I just imported. Plus the search feature becomes useless.

When I physically go into the post and press “Update” the listing post shows up correctly on every page. This only works by physically going into each listing post and pressing the update button not just using the mass edit option and pressing update.

Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

Chris
    Keymaster

Hi,

I’ve seen a problem where posts don’t show up properly in the admin side, if that’s what you mean (for example ‘all posts’ doesn’t show them).  That can happen if the post status that was imported wasn’t valid – WordPress requires post status “publish”, not “published”.

It could also be something specific to that theme.  What happens if you import a regular post (post type = ‘post’)?  Does it show up properly?

cdllife
    Participant

The posts show up in the admin side but not properly on the live site. I have to go into that listing post type and select each listing and press update for it show up in my featured slider, recently added, and so on. I have the field set to “publish” on them.

I did try to import it just into the posts and it seemed to show up on my blog page and recently added sidebar properly.

So is this something happening within the themes custom fields or post type causing it not to update properly with post_meta?

Chris
    Keymaster

Hi,

There’s no way for me to know.  It sounds like the theme may be expecting some custom field to be set.

You could try manually creating a listing and publishing it, then checking the database table ‘wp_postmeta’ to see exactly what custom fields values it sets normally.

You could also ask the author of the theme – maybe explain that you’re trying to import the posts and they’re not showing up.

If you like, send a login for your blog using the contact form, and I’ll take a look as well.

cdllife
    Participant

Thanks for the help so far. I just used the Contact Form to send you some login info. Again the listings only pop up on the home page when you physically go into and press update on the post itself.

cdllife
    Participant

After taking your advice on the Latitude and Longitude fields I finally got the listings to show up properly. Woot!

Thanks again for your help! I appreciate it.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.