Post not visible after import

Home Forums TurboCSV Support Post not visible after import

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    degmsb
    Participant

I am importing  custom post and it is not visible until after I manually save it in the admin panel.    I am importing the post as a draft, but the webpage I am viewing is set up to show draft posts.  Once I import the data if I manually go to the post in admin and open it and save it as a draft I can then see it on my page.

In the wp-post table the only difference I can see from the original import to after I manually save it is the following fields:

post_date – is updated to new time

post_modified – updated to new time

post_modified_gmt – now has a value on import it did not have a value.

I was wondering if the import not having a post_modified_gmt is causing this issue.  I would try to import it with this date, but I do not know how to do it.

Any suggestions on why this might be happening?

Thank you!

Chris
    Keymaster

Hi,

I’ve heard of that same problem once before but it turned out not to be related to TurboCSV.  Have you tried deactivating your other plugins?

If so, can you send a login using the contact form?  I’d like to fix it if it’s a bug.

degmsb
    Participant

I sent you an email with a log in and also a sample file to import.

Thank you!

degmsb
    Participant

Also just and FYI, I also just did an import not as a draft.  I changed post_status to publish and I got the same result as above.  So it appears it is not the draft causing the issue.

Chris
    Keymaster

Hi,

Ok, I’ll take a look.  Could you also please try the import with ALL other plugins disabled and using a standard theme (like 2012)?

Some themes/plugins can cause a conflict.

degmsb
    Participant

Just an FYI and addition to the email I sent you.  As another test, I changed my import to be a standard post instead of the custom post type, and did not import any custom fields.   But I used the same data for !post_title, !post_name, !post_status, !post_type, !post_author   and !comment_status.  I still had the Types – Complete Solution for Custom Fields and Types plugin active., but all other plugins inactive.

After this import I could see the post in the webpage for the Uncategorized category.
    So the issue seems to revolve around custom taxonomies.

degmsb
    Participant

My issue was… I had a custom field with a yes/no checkbox.  If the box was checked it got a value of 1 in the database and if no checked it got a value of 0 in the database.  The only way my posts shows with my custom script,  is with a value of 0.  But the plugin was not importing the value of  blank instead of 0 even though my import file stated 0.  Chris resolved this issue.  Thank you for resolving it.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.