OSM – Loading delay on website

Home Forums MapPress Support OSM – Loading delay on website

This topic contains 6 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Chris 2 months, 4 weeks ago.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author

comperf
    Participant

Hi Chris,

did u check request method made by LeafLet.js to display tiles ?
    From 2/3 sec, u have now 10 sec when it’s fast, in real it’s 12/13 sec… is there anyway to make it more fast ? Because it’s clearly not usable in business version. SEO is dead with a load time delay like this.

Anyway keep it up, still nice works with last update.

Cheers

Chris
    Keymaster

Hi,

I’m not seeing that. My OpenStreetMap test pages are loading in < 1 sec - but it does seem to vary based on time of day. I don't have any control over the speed at which OSM serves tiles, unless you had some suggestion? If you're still seeing slow performance, you could try Google Maps or Leaflet with Mapbox tiles (in which case you won't be using OSM).

comperf
    Participant

Ok thx for answer….

How to use Leaflet with Mapbox tiles
    Because it seems Mapbox can make some good things and manage a way to customize a little map design.

Cheers

Chris
    Keymaster

Just enter the Mapbox access token in the MapPress settings to use Mapbox. There are some details in the documentation.

comperf
    Participant

Hello,

back again with another question :

@ very beginning i ask u a way to manager API key for WordPress MU, u give me a tips using wp-config like :

/* MAPPRESS API KEY */
    define(‘MAPPRESS_APIKEY’, ‘Google_API_KEY’);
    define(‘MAPPRESS_APIKEY_SERVER’, ”);

It work like a charm, then my new question is, can we do the same with MAPBOX ?

IN same time, i play a little with ur suggestion and it work like a charm, i make a standard and neutral skin for map, it looks much better :

MAPBOx Neutral flat skin

Cheers

Chris
    Keymaster

Hi,

Sorry, but no, there’s no define available for the Mapbox token yet. I’ll look into adding it for a future version.

Chris
    Keymaster

Hi,

I’ve added a define for the Mapbox token. You can do it like this:
    DEFINE(‘MAPPRESS_APIKEY_MAPBOX’, ‘yourtokenhere’);

If you’d like to help test this, please use the contact form to contact me. Otherwise, it’ll be available in the next release.

comperf
    Participant

Thx i will check.

Cheers

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.