Map Data from any MySQL Table

Home Forums Feature Requests Map Data from any MySQL Table

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    skyflowers
    Participant

Hi Chris,

I love your plugin but it has a limitation on my website. I have a Buddypress community and I’d like to gather address data from selected profile fields… not from posts.

One solution for powerusers of your plugin who have similar issues is to elect which MySQL data table to read from – not just post types. I.e. Manual input of database table.

This would really broaden your user base.

Cheers,

Brendan Rohan

skyflowers
    Participant

P.s. As a workaround, would you suggest…

Creating a single post. I.e. Directory page.
    Loading all of my member maps into it. I.e. Creating a “new map” for each member.

Probably a no brainer. I guess I can answer this myself with some testing. Interested in your thoughts.

P.p.s. If this IS the solution to problems like mine, you may want to add it into your support documents. Not sure if it’s in there.

skyflowers
    Participant

Hmmm. After my earlier comments ( I was racing out the door, late for work ) I think the suggestion for a centralized admin panel for all maps is the way to go. And admins can simply add page URL’s in manually.

jpw94
    Participant

Yes, I have the same problem. I would like to re-use a map in different page contexts but it seems like a map is tied to the post/page.  Then the shortcode for that map can be used anywhere on the blog or website. It would also be helpful be able to duplicate entries to minimize customizations.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.