KML import

Home Forums Feature Requests KML import

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    cenzi
    Participant

Hello Chris,

I think a KML import would be a great feature for MapPress (for PRO users).
    I have some  custom maps in Google Maps (like this: http://goo.gl/maps/eefC ) and I would like to use it with MapPress plugin – it’s too big to remake the map and maybe I’m not the only one who has this problem.

Chris
    Keymaster

Hi,

It’s a good idea, in fact that feature is already in the beta.  Try downloading the latest beta version and you’ll be able to add your KML to a map (just add it like a location).

There’s a little info about it in the release notes for 2.38.2:
    http://mappresspro.com/mappress-2-38-2-beta-available

cenzi
    Participant

Thanks I tried the beta and it’s working! 🙂
    I know it’s still a beta but I found a bug:
    – if I use a KML url and I click on a location icon; the map shows up the information but in a different part of a map.

Chris
    Keymaster

Hi,

Can you provide an example KML, what you’re clicking and what you expect to see?

Just to clarify: in the map editor, when you click on a KML the edit window (where you can specify the title) should open at the approximate center of the KML (between all of its points, polygons, etc).

When you are viewing the map in your blog, the same thing happens except if you’re clicking on a marker in the KML.  Then, the infowindow should open directly over the clicked marker.

cenzi
    Participant

This is the KML link. It’s an bicycle map for a city. E.g.: just click on any bike marker (in my site the infowindow moves into one point – just only with using KML).

If you would like to see it a page, please send me your e-mail; the site is on maintenance mode right now.

Chris
    Keymaster

Hi,

This was a definitely a bug, thanks very much for reporting it.

It should be fixed in version 2.38.5 beta, which I’ve just uploaded.  Please let me know how it works for you.

cenzi
    Participant

Hi,

Thank you it’s working; but with this update if I use a mashup code with qtranslate I got all language content in the infowindow (title and content too).

E.g.: “Anna PanzióAnna Guesthouse” -> it should be like:
    Hungarian: Anna Panzió, English: Anna Guesthouse
    In the page (with the default mappress code)  it’s shows only the Hungarian title.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.