Featured Image Problem

Home Forums TurboCSV Support Featured Image Problem

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    wagdesign
    Participant

I’m having a weird problem with the featured images. I’m using a portfolio theme (Kimbo from Viva Themes) that uses the featured image as a thumbnail on the category/portfolio page.

Following your documentation I was able to connect featured images to posts, and they show up on the portfolio pages as they should (see example here: http://lariatdev1.info/galleries/mokume-gane/).

However … and this is where it gets weird, when I click on the thumbnails on that page to go to the individual post pages … it can’t find them.  I get a blank page like this http://lariatdev1.info/mg-020pws/

I’ve verified that the posts do indeed exist, the featured images show up in the post, and the slug is correct. However, when I “view post” from within the post, I get the same blank page.

The only way I can find to fix it is to go into the media library and individually “attach” each image to a post. That’s a very time consuming process on hundreds of posts.

I must be doing something wrong, right? Not connecting them right? I soooo love this plugin and would really appreciate any help. Thanks. Beth

wagdesign
    Participant

Ahhhh… it’s tied to permalinks. me seems to have created a bit of a mess with permalinks.

wagdesign
    Participant

what should my permalink setting be when I do an import? In the TurboCSV settings I’m setting the slug to a custom field (product code). Appreciate some help. Big fan of this plugin. Thanks.

wagdesign
    Participant

so, if i set my permalinks to the default it works… but then i have ugly permalinks. what am I missing here?

wagdesign
    Participant

deleted

Chris
    Keymaster

Hi, are you still having trouble? The permalinks setting does affect the URLs used for featured images, but I’m not sure if you’re connecting the images to the post using the meta field (it’s described in the documentation). If you like, use the contact form to contact me so I can get a copy of your file.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.