Custom Post Types Supported?

Home Forums TurboCSV Support Custom Post Types Supported?

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    qlegrand
    Participant

Does this product support custom post types? I am not able to import to a custom post type I’ve set up.
    Does not appear to match up to the custom post types, even though I selected that as the destination.

Chris
    Keymaster

Yes, custom post types are supported.

Only WordPress custom post types are supported, though – some 3rd-party plugins use their own proprietary database tables.

Take a look at the ‘sample.csv’ file. You can try it out by changing the type from ‘post’ to your type in that file.

If that doesn’t help, please explain how you set up your custom type and send me a few lines of the input file (chrisvrichardson at mappresspro.com).

qlegrand
    Participant

OK. It appears that the plugin I used to set up the custom post types is not supported: ECPT from http://pippinsplugins.com/

So I may be wasting my time. I just read that custom fields were supported and assumed it would do the job for me.

shanfraz
    Participant

I am having the same trouble and just sent you an email via your contact form.  I am using TYPES plugin.  Any help would be appreciated!  I have 1200 posts to create and this tool seems ideal for my needs.

Chris
    Keymaster

Some types plugins use unique data structures.

Only ‘standard’ WordPress custom post types, fields, etc. are supported by TurboCSV. If your plugin is compatible with WordPress standard tables, it should work, otherwise it won’t.

shanfraz
    Participant

Could you provide me with an example of one that is compatible?  We are early enough in development we can switch.

Chris
    Keymaster

This is a simple one that works for me:

http://webdevstudios.com/plugin/custom-post-type-ui/

Most custom type plugins use standard WP functions, and work just fine. If you’re not sure, ask the author of that plugin if there are any limitations when importing data.

The ones I’ve seen that are incompatible have issues when importing ‘enhanced’ field types – not something as simple as a custom post type.

I haven’t tried ECPT or Types & Views, so they may well work just fine.  I just mentioned the possibility of incompatibility because no details were given about the error.

I’ve emailed @qlegrand and @shanfraz for details about their specific issues.

shanfraz
    Participant

My issue has been resolved- error on my part.  Thanks for the excellent and super fast support!  Great plugin!

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.