After Import Action

Home Forums TurboCSV Support After Import Action

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    yellowhousedesign
    Participant

Hey Chris,
    Is there an action that we can hook into after the initial import is done, but before Turbo CSV is done with its mojo? A new project has a requirement to delete any/all posts that are not part of the import after reach Turbo CSV import. So – it’d be a matter of checking for a specific post type and if a post ID that is part of the import  is not part of the existing post IDs, then remove it. So – the action and what holds a list of imported IDs would be awesome. Really appreciate it. Thanks!

Chris
    Keymaster

Hi,

From what you said, it sounds like maybe it would be easier to just delete all posts before the import?

If that won’t work though: ll the normal WordPress actions are called.  The ‘save_post’ action is triggered after each post is created.

There’s also MapPress action that is called during the import:
    do_action(‘mappress_update_meta’, $post_id);

Hopefully those actions will be helpful.  If you need to access the import, you can get a list of imports like this:

$imports = TI_Import::get_list();

Get one import where $id is the import ID you want to retrieve:

$import = TI_Import::get_list();

Get import lines for the import – this returns an array of class TI_Import_Line

$lines = $Import->get_imported_posts();

You can take a look at the TI_Import_Line definition to see the fields.  For example:

$lines[0]->post_id
    yellowhousedesign
    Participant

Hey Chris,
    Appreciate the response. The data will actually be used throughout the rest of the system, so deleting all of them before-hand probably won’t be a good idea. I think that ‘mappress_update_meta’ action may be where I want to do the check.

It sounds like I could use that action to:

Grab all of the imported posts with: $lines = $Import->get_imported_posts();
    Then grab all of the posts that current exist (using get_posts())
    Compare the IDs in each and then use http://codex.wordpress.org/Function_Reference/wp_delete_post to remove the ones that don’t match

Does the TI_Import class also hold the template name in the event I don’t want to do this for every “type” of import? Thanks again!

Chris
    Keymaster

Hi,

The TI_Import object has a ‘template’ property that contains a TI_Template object.  You can see both in ‘ti_import.php’.

yellowhousedesign
    Participant

Awesome – I’ll see what I can do with this. Thanks again!

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.