Advanced Custom Fields – Hidden Fields

Home Forums TurboCSV Support Advanced Custom Fields – Hidden Fields

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    yellowhousedesign
    Participant

Hi Chris,

I know I’ve brought up ACF a few times, but this one is slightly different. When importing with TurboCSV the posts/custom field data is correctly imported fine, but it is not until you go into a post and “save” it that it actually creates the necessary hidden fields that ACF uses to create relationships between the custom fields and it’s logic. Is there anyway to fake a save event on import with TurboCSV? I’d hate to import all of these posts easily to only have to go into each one and manually save them. Thanks.

Chris
    Keymaster

Hi,

I saw you posted this question to the ACF author too, which is really a better place to start.

Unfortunately, I didn’t see any answer about how to generate the extra underscore fields that ACF seems to need.  Requiring someone to be sitting at the screen to create those fields seems to pretty much rule out any kind of import, doesn’t it?

In any case, if you can get a function or PHP code to generate the fields you need for ACF, I’ll be happy to add a filter to TurboCSV so you can call it.

Also, I have two questions:

1.  What happens if in the WP admin you go to the list of posts, select a few posts that are missing the ACF fields, choose ‘bulk actions’, then ‘edit’ and then publish the posts?  Do you get the missing hidden fields then or are they still missing?

2.  What kind of fields are you importing?  Are you using ‘advanced’ functionality or just ‘regular’ data (like text or numbers)?  Or does ACF require those special fields even when the field contains regular data?

yellowhousedesign
    Participant

Hey Chris,

No dice on that – although I may try the route of using http://fakeapp.com/ to do all of this saving for me — not ideal, but I believe it should be possible
    Fancy ones here 🙂 I don’t believe ACF requires it for the regular ones (like text), but I have some special ones.

Thanks!

Chris
    Keymaster

Too bad!  If you get an answer from ACF, or you decide to switch to a different custom fields plugin, just let me know.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.